Foods to protect and maintain your eyesight naturally.
Eyes are meant to be healthy through the span of life, due to some age related problems it determinates with time. Eye sight determinates with age and vision problems, cataract and a degenerative macular issue arises. Healthy eyesight starts with healthy food servings in your plate. There are some food components to be added in your daily consumption. Balanced diet consumption has benefits in multiple ways. Good for growth, brain, muscle and immunity development. Studies suggest high levels of blood sugar in type-2 diabetes leads to glaucoma and major source of blindness in adults.
- Omega-3 fatty acidsare found in fish, salmon, tuna, cod liver oil, flax seed. It helps in good health of retina at the back of eye along with providing good muscle health. Add these in weekly basis at the time of buying go for wild caught salmon then farm raised one. Wild caught salmon has high level of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Eggsare a blessing for eye health. Yolks contain vitamin A, lutein, zeaxanthin, and zinc, a must for your eye health. Vitamin A safeguards the cornea. Lutein and zeaxanthin lower the chance of getting serious eye age-related macular degeneration and cataracts conditions. Zinc contributes to the health of the retina. Zinc also helps eyes to see at night. Eggs are like potatoes add them in breakfast, gravies, salads or any side dish, dessert. They can do wonders for your palate.
- Vitamin E: Almonds are a great source of vitamin E. International standards suggest 15mg of daily vitamin E consumption is essential for any healthy person. Add these in your meal in multiple forms or just use it as a snaky. Other nuts and seeds that contain vitamin E are sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, and peanuts.
- Vitamin A & Zinc:Dairy products like milk, yogurt contain vitamin A and are a good source of Zinc. They can be used in breakfast, lunch and dinners in varied forms. Every household has dairy as a main supplier of nutritional factors. Carrots have vitamin A and beta carotene element. Use them in salads, desserts or as a vegetable. It brings colour on your plate.
- Green leafy vegetableslike spinach, kale, and collards. Kale has the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin. They are not made in the body thus oral supplement becomes essential for eye health. A 100 gram serving of kale, 100gm Kale = 4 mg of lutein. Good eye sight requirement is 10 mg per day. Other vegetables high in lutein are red peppers and spinach.
- Citrus Fruits are arich source of Vitamin C. It contributes in the good health of blood vessels in the eyes. Improves eye sight and age related concerns with regular consumption. Use it in salads, juices or just eat raw as a snack.
Rich balanced diet coupled with healthy hygiene and regular exercise can ascertain over all good health. There is no short cut to healthy living with raising your bills to the hospital.